Try our Massage Therapy program for two weeks.* Make sure it’s right for you before committing.
Become well refined in anatomy, physiology, pathology, kinesiology, theory of massage, medical terminology, first aid, and CPR.
Learn your craft through comprehensive, hands-on practical training covering Swedish, deep tissue, Thai, prenatal, infant, and sports massage.
Relieve pain and reduce stress with aromatherapy, reflexology, hot stones, and spa treatments.
Acquire the skill needed to become a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) in less than 9 months!
Entry level employment opportunities are possible in health care facilities, chiropractic offices, physical fitness spas and cosmetology salons. Entrepreneurs also have the opportunity to open and operate their own massage therapy clinic. Business classes are included in your training.
- 24 Semester Credits/720 Clock Hours
- Attend 24 hours per week for 32 weeks.
- Receive a specially designed, high quality, lifetime warranty Earthlite massage table, thermaphore, and lotion holster.
- Courses start 2-3 times per year (depending on location).
- Designed to train students in all aspects of Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage. Students are required to learn massage strokes, understand the various body systems and how to palpate muscles to perform the art of massage. The nature of this course is to serve the health, relaxation, and wellness needs of the public.
- Tuition & Fees: $7570
- Kit of Equipment/Textbooks/Uniforms: $1180
Term 1 of Massage Therapy
- Fundamentals of Massage
- Anatomy & Physiology – A study of the body’s eleven systems and their functions
- Pathology – A study of the diseases of the human body and their indications or contraindications to massage.
- Kinesiology – The study of “human movement”. A deep understanding of how muscles function in the human body is critical to the clinical reasoning and client assessment process as well as the application of massage and body work techniques.
- Massage/Bodywork Practice and Assessment – Practical hands-on classes of Swedish massage, massage manipulations and palpations, client consultation, draping, body mechanics, and the carious contraindications of massage.
- Theory of Massage Therapy – Encompasses the theoretical aspects of the massage therapy profession. It includes the history of massage, health, hygiene, and sanitary practices, scope of practice issues, laws, ethics, and endangerment sites.
- Adjunct Therapies (aromatherapy, reflexology, sports massage, on-site chair massage, etc)
Term 2 of Massage Therapy
- Massage/Bodywork Practice and Assessment – Comprehensive overview of deep tissue massage, Thai massage, and a clinical research project.
- Massage clinic – involves clinical participation and corporate outreach.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Business Management and Career Planning
- Adjunct Therapies (prenatal massage, spa therapies, traditional Chinese modalities, CPR and first aid)
Click here to see Massage Therapy Start Dates
As a licensed massage therapist (LMT), you can pursue a career in a variety of areas including…
- Chiropractic office partner
- Spa therapist or owner
- Traveling massage therapist
- Sports clinic
- Cruise ship or resort
- Prenatal/infant massage therapist
- Animal massage therapist
- Hospice massage therapist
- Physical therapist partner
- Physical fitness spa
- Healthcare facility
Career Placement Assistance
Capri College has long-standing relationships with local employers in the area. We listen to them for ways we can improve, to keep your education current. Our community involvement and long-standing relationships allow us to assist you with as many employment options as possible.
Experienced, Passionate, Educators
This is the most important factor in choosing a school. We employ only professional, experienced teachers who truly care about you and your education. We insist our educators know advanced techniques and have at least 3 years industry experience because we know our reputation depends on your success!
Each year Capri Colleges award over $70,000 in scholarships to our students. To find out more about applying for a Capri scholarship and other scholarship opportunities, please see this informational PDF: Scholarship Opportunities.
Real World Experience
Nothing compares to the real life experience in our Student Massage Therapy Clinic, you can improve your massage skills while making guests feel relaxed and rejuvenated. Excellent technical skills, people skills, and confidence will result from this experience.
Fun @ Capri
Meet new people, make lifelong friends, and have lots of fun! Student Leadership organizes charity events (fun dress up/jeans days, walking tacos, root beer floats, bake sales, etc.) and staff plan pizza parties, picnics, and potlucks. Take part in charity and educational events outside of school that will allow you to network with people in the community and have fun while helping out people in need.
- 50% off most professional products!
- 50% off all services in our Student Salon & Spa! (limitations may apply)
- Tips from happy clients!
- Picnics, potlucks, & fun days!
- ACCSC accreditation
- AMTA – American Massage Therapy Association member
- Experienced educators (3 yrs. minimum), small class sizes (limit 12), and educational field trips
- National Certification preparation
- Lifetime warranty massage tables included
- Tuition discount for multiple programs
- National testing fee included (for students who take the licensing exam within one month of graduating)
- We work hard to professionalize the image of Massage Therapy
*If you choose to discontinue the program during the two week trial period, the school retains $50 application fee and $100 of the registration fee.